Dog Walking Positions
Dog Walking Positions
Life is too short to not spend as much time as you can with dogs and cats! If you agree with this statement, we might be the right fit for you.
Pup Culture is hiring dog walkers/pet sitters in our service area. We’re looking for reliable and responsible animal-lovers to join our team. If you enjoy being outside, getting exercise, and spending time with animals, this job is for you! This is a part time position. The dog walker would begin with a couple walks per day with room to grow based on performance and experience. This would be a perfect position for a freelancer, entrepreneur, artist, retiree, stay-at-home-parent, someone who is looking for a career working with animals, or anyone else who has availability during the weekdays. Pay begins at $15 per hour.
Why work for us?
- All the slobbery dog kisses and kitty head butts that you can handle
- Win every step challenge you enter
- Experience the MN seasons with a dog by your side
- Opportunities to advance in our company
- $15+ per hour +tips
- $.25 mileage reimbursement
- Health Insurance for 30+ hours per week
- Discounted pet care
- Paid time off
- Paid pet first aid/CPR training certification
- Stipend for additional animal training
- Protected by workers comp and liability insurance
About us: Pup Culture is a woman-owned, highly rated pet care company in the Twin Cities. We provide peace of mind to busy pet parents. We specialize in safe, individualized dog walks and cat sitting. We serve over 400 active clients, and we continue to grow. We value client connections (both human and fur), pets’ safety, integrity and honesty, teamwork, an inclusive environment for both our team and our clients, exemplary communication, and a complete wow experience for our clients.
Who we are looking for:
- You need to have excellent time management skills. We do anywhere from 4-10 walks per day. Usually the visits are back-to-back and must be completed within a certain time frame.
- You must be able to work independently and be resourceful. We provide initial training and ongoing training, but much of the dog walking and pet sitting work is independent and on your own.
- You need to have strong communication skills, both written and verbal. We communicate with clients mostly through notes through our system. Our clients love receiving our updates each day, so you must be able to communicate clearly with clients and staff.
- You should have strong animal intuition skills. We provide ongoing animal training, but you must bring a confidence with animals to each visit.
- You must be an animal-lover and have endless amounts of patience when it comes to animals.
Applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- Availability between 10:00am-3:00pm Monday-Friday and one weekend a quarter (four times a year)
- Able to make a long-term commitment
- Must have a smart phone and computer and internet access
- Must have reliable transportation
- Live in or near our service area
- Flexible schedule
- Able to walk in all weather
- Able to pass a criminal background check
Please fill out the application.
No phone calls, please.
Are you ready to get started?
Contact us to set up a free initial consultation today!