Pet Sitting Positions
Pet Sitting Positions
Is your camera roll endless photos of your pets? Do you have 20 different nicknames for your pet? Do you choose to visit certain businesses specifically because they are dog-friendly? Do you make up voices for your pets? Do you prefer to spend time outside? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we’d like to get to know you!
Pup Culture is hiring dog walkers/pet sitters in our service area. We’re looking for reliable and responsible animal-lovers to join our team. If you enjoy being outside, getting exercise, and spending time with animals, this job is for you! This is a part time position. The dog walker would begin with a couple walks per day with room to grow based on performance and experience. This would be a perfect position for someone who is looking for a little more income outside of their 9-5 job, a freelancer, entrepreneur, artist, stay-at-home-parent, college student, someone who is looking for a career working with animals, or anyone else who has availability on the weekends. Pay begins at $15 per hour.
Why work for us?
- All the slobbery dog kisses and kitty head butts that you can handle
- Win every step challenge you enter
- Experience the MN seasons with a dog by your side
- Opportunities to advance in our company
- $15+ per hour +tips
- $.25 mileage reimbursement
- Discounted pet care
- Paid time off
- Paid pet first aid/CPR training certification
- Stipend for additional animal training
- Protected by workers comp and liability insurance
About us: Pup Culture is a woman-owned, highly rated pet care company in the Twin Cities. We provide peace of mind to busy pet parents. We specialize in safe, individualized dog walks, adventure hikes, and cat sitting. We serve over 400 active clients, and we continue to grow. We’re the type of people who when we get together for happy hours, we talk about our pets for two hours straight. We value client connections (both human and fur), pets’ safety, integrity and honesty, teamwork, an inclusive environment for both our team and our clients, exemplary communication, and a complete wow experience for our clients.
Who we are looking for:
- You need to have excellent time management skills. We do anywhere from 4-10 walks per day. Usually the visits are back-to-back and must be completed within a certain time frame.
- You must be able to work independently and be resourceful. We provide initial training and ongoing training, but much of the dog walking and pet sitting work is independent and on your own.
- You need to have strong communication skills, both written and verbal. We communicate with clients mostly through notes through our system. Our clients love receiving our updates each day, so you must be able to communicate clearly with clients and staff.
- You should have strong animal intuition skills. We provide ongoing animal training, but you must bring a confidence with animals to each visit.
- You must be an animal-lover and have endless amounts of patience when it comes to animals.
Applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- Availability between 9:00am-2:30pm on weekends and Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day
- Able to make a long-term commitment
- Must have a smart phone and computer and internet access
- Must have access to a reliable, insured vehicle
- Live in or near our service area
- Flexible schedule
- Able to walk in all weather
- Able to pass a criminal background check
- Clean driving record
One final but IMPORTANT note:
This is a physical job. It requires the ability to walk multiple miles a day and to work with energetic dogs in all weather.
If the idea of walking an energetic 90 pound German Shepherd in any of Minnesota’s seasons sounds like a fun afternoon to you (which it does to us!), then chances are this job is a great fit for you.
Please fill out the application below.
No phone calls, please.
Are you ready to get started?
Contact us to set up a free initial consultation today!